Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Breckenridge

the thing i love about my photography love affair is that i see things in a new, brilliant light. i am always on the prowl for an inspiring shot. sometimes it's only inspiring to me, but that's beside the point! hee hee. we went to Breckenridge, CO this weekend while my mom was in town. for those who don't know, it's an adorable ski town. love it there. of course my camera was going to make the trip with me (and not just because my mom was here).

we took a horse-drawn carriage ride around the town. how incredibly quaint (and, yes, touristy) is that?? i've never done that before. it was very lovely, even if my kids were complaining about the smell of horse poop the whole time. they had fun too. i took these pics while on the ride.


this is the main horse-poop-complainer (below)!! but look, he's enjoying himself despite that! :) oh, and there is a danger they don't warn you about when on a horse-drawn carriage ride in a ski town where there is mushy, melting snow....when a car drives by you, pull your legs in. you WILL get splashed whilst enjoying the quaint adorableness of the scenery around you!!


and finally, the moms and the cute husband smooshed inbetween. from left to right: dana (my mother in law), cute husband, and my mama. i just love this pic so much. they all look so relaxed and happy, as was the mood of the day. when i look at this, i am back in Breck. very cool, indeed! stay tuned, as i'm sure i will have more fabulous adventures to post on :) :) at least, let's hope so!! even if they occur in my living room.

No comments: