tomorrow, august 15th, i turn 35. i have never been one to shy away from sharing my age. i just don't see the point. i am what i am. i (thus far) have had no problem with getting older. it's something i embrace (again, i say right now. this may change someday!)
so i thought it would be fun to research what life was like during the summer of 1973.
if you were a teenager, you probably wore things like this:
and read magazines like this....... (drooling over these dreamy boys):
if you were a mom-type you most likely wore these styles:
if you were a little girl, your ken doll dressed in these fabulous duds:
steven spielberg, the creator of indiana jones, jaws, e.t., and many other blockbusters looked like this:
what was happening:
* the US bombing of cambodia ends. US troops withdraw from the war in vietnam.
* the watergate hearings begin.
* the world trade center becomes the tallest building in the world.
* the average income was $12,900.00 per year.
* the average price of a new house was $32,500.00.
* a gallon of gas was $0.40 per gallon.
* the sting won best picture at the academy awards.
* jack lemmon won best actor (for his role in save the tiger) at the academy awards.
you were watching shows like:
* the partridge family
* sandford & sons
* the odd couple
you were listening to:
* jethro tull
* cat stevens
* pink floyd
life was simple, rockin', and groovy. all hail 1973!