Tuesday, August 18, 2009

birthday weekend in frisco

my husband rocks! he outdid himself this year...truly. he surprised me with a weekend at a bed and breakfast in frisco. just us. no tv. no distractions whatsoever. perfect!



here is our perfectly charming room. let me preface this by saying that the b&b we stayed at was originally built in 1865. the room was cozy and quaint... everything my mind pictured a room in a b&b to be.
in true b&b style, we shared a bathroom with fellow lodgers.

this place was the model of alpine-ski charm.
and i should mention that we enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning, and "apres ski" snacks each afternoon. we dined 'european style' with fellow lodgers. this was so fun, getting to know people from as far as hawaii. loved every bit of it!

this is the view from the front of the frisco lodge. breathtaking!

our entire weekend was lovely, from start to finish! if it's possible to fall more in love with someone you spend almost all your time with, then i did. i feel so blessed to get to spend the rest of forever with my best friend.
thanks for one of the best weekends of my life stephan. i love you!

5 comments:

Jandi said...

I am SO jealous. Well done to your hubby. Looks beautiful up there. What a cute couple you two make...

Natalie said...

i echo everything jandi said. here's to you guys!

presenceofself@comcast.net said...

awesome husband, awesome gift, awesome place to enjoy your birthday!
Beautiful pictures.
I would consider spending my birhtday there too!
Love, Mom

Angie Fellows said...

How fun! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend. You are definitely an amazing couple.

kim said...

Stephan did a great job on your birthday! It was fun to meet you up there. Thanks for letting us celebrate it with you.