Thursday, October 02, 2008

Q is for.... quick quilt

on monday i started a quilt. a quilt that i actually had a dream about. whenever that happens i know i have to bring it into reality!

so this is what it looked like on monday.....

and this is what it looked like yesterday - finished!!

i don't know what my favorite part is....the fabulous houndstooth backing?...or maybe the funky individual squares (each fabric has a story all it's own)?...or maybe the fact that the denim squares are my sons old jeans?....or maybe it's that screamin' pink satin quilt binding? it's probably all of it, and the fact that this quilt came to me in a dream, and now i can cuddle up underneath it and 'dream' up more projects!!
i dearly love my "inspiration quilt"!!!!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

amazing work kim! i so cannot quilt so i'm incredibly jealous and am tempted to steal your latest creation...well, and all your creations really. hey what ever happened to the idea of making more of your applique tees and selling them on etsy?! i need one of those!

Stacey said...

wow that is gorgeous!!!! I totally love the colors that you used...love the pink with the denim!! Fabulous job!!!!

kim said...

LOVE IT! so stinkin cute!!!

Leah said...

So cute! I have never made a quilt, but it seems like you whipped this quilt up in a record time! Wow!

Jenn said...

I know that I always say this, but you really do AMAZE me every time. When can I get some sewing lessons?!?

presenceofself@comcast.net said...

Gorgeous, and now I know what I want for my birthday :)
Love you dearly!
Momma bear

Jandi said...

AMAZING!

Ashley said...

Thank you for your comment on my photography! And I love the quilt!!! SO CUTE!

Angie Fellows said...

Wow! Youa re truly amazing! A quilt that quickly??! It looks so good! You need to teach me how to quilt one of these days. =)

Toria said...

so so cute Kim. You inspire me! I dream up things all the time and just don't take the time to carry them out. I love that you are always creating! Very very cute. I think I love the binding the best- well maybe not the best, but the combo of it all is truly artistic! Enjoy!!!