Tuesday, October 14, 2008

feeling very domestic!

yesterday was a very "martha stewart" day for me. i love those days...don't you? i feel so accomplished and a bit clever too. i made two delicious recipes. the first were yummilicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. they are melt-in-your-mouth scrumptious! the second was banana bread. i got the recipe from my friend natalies blog. (so good, natalie...thanks for sharing!)
i did two loads of laundry. i know, it doesn't sound like much, but laundry is not my favorite chore, so i have to pat myself on the back ;)
and....i finished a quilt for my mom. when she saw the last one i made she requested one (in the comment section - followed up by a phone call). i really want to share the whole quilt with you all, but i don't want to completely ruin her surprise. it is one of my favorites. i added a few things here and there (stamped images with permanent ink). here are two little "teasers"......


sorry the following picture is so bad - the lighting was off and i had a really hard time getting the focus on the word with all those little folds of fabric. my camera was very confused!

by the way, i love this word lately. mostly due to president monsons talk in general conference. of course i had to incorporate it into my current projects!!


thank you all for your words of support with my pregnancy! i feel great - now. that may change. i am really tired. really tired! but i am so happy and feel so incredibly blessed to have this little life inside me! a privilege indeed.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

alright, everything you make is such a treasure, kim. love all the thoughtful touches you add to your creations. **and when will your pink tumbleweed shop be selling those adorable tees?! my post baby bod will want one ASAP!*

Grandma Dana said...

Ok-you are the domestic goddess. I don't know how you do it with Noah running around all day! Your Mom will love the quilt. Good job on the stamping on the quilt too!

presenceofself@comcast.net said...

oooh! I love your work and your art. You infuse love into everything you do. Can't wait to be with all of you at the end of this month.
BTW, love the conversation with Noah about my birthday...priceless and very precious.
Love,Mom

Jandi said...

Where are you from? How can you do it ALL? Amazing again. I love your stuff. I am totally up for that "trade". I am thinking matchy, matchy jewelry sets for a few of my friends Christmas gifts. Up for it?

Stacey said...

Ok that quilt is soooo cute!!! Man I would be SO scared to stamp on fabric!! it looks so cool though!! I have been doing lots of traditional scrappin too...I just can't show any of it yet ;)
Congrats again on the pregnancy!!!

Travers Tribe said...

Hi Kim, It looks like I found your blog at the best time. Congratulations! And I love your crafts. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing.
Kari