Sunday, September 14, 2008

fall is in the air...

yes it's true...fall is, by far,my favorite season! the colder weather is exhilarating (to me, anyway) as is the changing of the leaves, the smell of the air, pie, pumpkin (everything), halloween. i could seriously go on and on. so, in the spirit of this lovely season, i thought i would whip up an apple pie! actually it was a joint effort between myself and hubbie. he made the filling and i made the crust. it was delicious, but would have met perfection with vanilla ice cream. oh well. next time, i guess.


i made the pie for this guy:

he has been begging me for quite some time for an apple pie. tonight, he got his yummy wish fulfilled!



one another note, i have been away from the blog for a little over a week. i haven't been any busier than usual, i guess i've just been trying to sort some things out. things like what the heck i am supposed to do with myself - creatively speaking. i did not make the scrap 'n art design team. that was a harder blow than i thought it would be. i wanted it. but more than that, i wanted a direction. i feel like so many things that i have put my energy into have not panned out, or have flat out failed. in my heart (and believe me i've searched it a lot lately) i feel my passion lies mainly in photography. i am passionate about everything i make and do, but when it comes to taking pictures, especially of people, i light up. i love - no - i need to be behind the camera. i find myself wanting it with me always. to be able to capture any spontaneous moment. and so, i think photography is where i will put all my energy. really give it a go, as i've never done before. professionally.

8 comments:

Olivia said...

Best of luck to you! You will do great, I'm sure!

Adventures In The Land Of Hahl said...

kim - i am sorry that you have felt frustration lately with the things you have tried to do. it's hard when things don't work out the way you want them to. you are a life force of creative talent so hang in there! whatever you do it will work out in the end ;)

Stacey said...

lol at Kyle wanting pie...what else is new? hee hee
um I think you might have found another creative endevor...(digital scrapbooking) you totally rock at it!!! Stay with it!!!
Sorry again about SNA!!! :(

Jenn said...

Kim--that frustration is hard--I'm so sorry. I have to say that think you are completely amazing and so is pretty much everything I have seen you do!! Let us know when you need some clients, we need some family pics!

Anonymous said...

There you go! You said it out loud! You ask and you shall receive! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Dang...that last one was from me. Erin

Jandi said...

Keep on going. All you can do is try. You need to have as much faith in yourself, as ALL of your friends and family have in you. You are stronger and more talented then you let yourself believe. GOOD LUCK!

Natalie said...

HUGS on the scrapin' thing - they really don't know what they're missing.
your apple pie looks and sounds like heaven itself!