Thursday, March 16, 2006

my rowdy life.....with kids...

Here is my son. One of them. My oldest. Ben.Why, you ask, is this child brimming with total and utterly un-containable excitement? He turned 10 that day. Why else?
We had his party at the bowling alley, and let me just say, this lady in the background (the one setting up their game display) well, she earned her pay that day. We weren't the rowdiest kid party she's probably ever had, but a close second for sure. I'm pretty sure none of them have either:
a) been out of the house in months
b)been around other kids their age
c)seen the light of day, and just learned what it feels like to run with reckless abandone
Whatever the case may be.......these kids (mine included) liked running - a lot!
Wheww....it was work. Why don't they tell you all of this before you have kids?? I guess I would still do it. Because it provided more entertainment that Stephan and I have seen in awhile. Plus I love their pure joy and pleasure of the simplest things. Very cool.
Yes, it's been awhile since I've posted. I thought what better way to start a posting than with another hobby/passion/obsession of mine??? Scrapbooking! So, this is one of the pages I've completed recently. It's almost impossible to make out all the pictures...some of the images are darker than others. But you get the general idea, right? I swear my family is starting to become concerned that they are losing me to scrapbooking-itis. I do it nightly. Can't stop. But I feel it's one of the more productive hobbies I could have. At least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night.

That's all for now!

No comments: