Saturday, November 17, 2012

august happenings....

apparently falling off the "blogging wagon" comes far too easily to me. so i find myself, once again, playing catch up.
i thought i would recap the months i have missed with photo highlights. at the very least i will get those moments documented!

in august:

our garden was 'a bloomin'....





the gardener himself tending to his crops

 because we all loved being around the garden so much we had family home evening there. it was a little slice of heaven!
stephan successfully grew:
lettuce (many varieties), green beans, snap peas, cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkins, yellow squash, tomatoes (though they took their sweet time getting red), japanese cucumbers, cucumbers, carrots, radishes.



my sweet husband did the almost impossible...he surprised me with a birthday party...

complete with a gorgeous cake made by my friend stacey


he sent me off for the day with my friend terri. meanwhile he was busy. busy making lots of food and filling our home with about 20 of our friends. i seriously did NOT suspect a thing! well done stephan.


noah started the third grade...


4 comments:

RaeLyn said...

Wow, that garden is amazing! Way to go,guys! And a big Happy Birthday to you Kim!

Jandi said...

That garden was AMAZING! I kind of love the shot of your chairs in front of the garden. Also, that was a great birthday surprise indeed. Anytime you make the recipient cry, it was a job well done...

Natalie said...

way to GO stephan!! what a great bday surprise. he's the man.

Anonymous said...

I could not have pulled it off without the help of Jandi and Terri. You two were the super heroes! Thank you!!!
Stephan